Do you want to throw an unforgettable baby shower that your guests will be talking about for years to come? Keeping the party engaging is an important consideration. Try playing a game made up of baby shower trivia questions!
These games are perfect for any type of shower, and they are sure to keep your guests entertained. So gather up some friends and family, put on your thinking caps, and get ready to have some fun!
A baby shower is a fun party held to celebrate the impending arrival of a new baby, usually for the parents-to-be. Baby showers typically include games and activities, as well as food and beverages.
What should you do at a baby shower?
A popular activity at a baby shower is to play trivia games, which challenge players to answer questions about babies and parenting. Other fun activities that aren’t games might include baby food tasting contests, diaper decorating challenges, or even Gymboree classes for the guests.
When you are looking for fun baby shower games, a baby trivia game is always a great way to interact with your guests.
Sometimes you don’t always live near the friends/family that you would like to include in your baby shower to celebrate your upcoming newborn baby. A virtual baby shower is a great way to include them, and baby shower questions can be done virtually as well as in person.
Baby shower trivia questions can be broken down into categories.
It can be about the baby, the expecting parents, or you can do just mom or just dad. It is all about what you would like to do and your current situation, and the baby shower guests.
(THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY IS REALLY BORING, BUT YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.)
Free Baby Shower Trivia Game Printables
You may print any or all of the three free baby shower trivia game printables below for free and use them for your personal use. Please do not reproduce this game for resale.
20 Baby Shower Trivia Game Questions About Newborn Babies
These questions are general questions about a newborn. The answers are per Google, Jan 2023. You can double check your answers on Google yourself if you want. You can also ask specific questions that are about the baby you are celebrating – we have suggestions for those questions below.
- How many bones does a newborn have? (answer: 300)
- How many diapers does the average baby go through in their first year? (answer: approx. 2100)
- What is the first color babies recognize? (answer: red, a few weeks after they are born)
- What bones are babies born without? (most common answer: kneecaps)
- When do a baby’s fingerprints develop? (at about 17 weeks after conception)
- How much do newborns sleep (on average) in 24 hours? (answer: 14-17 hours average)
- How much sleep do parents of newborns get on average? (answer: between 5 and 6 hours of sleep each night)
- What is the world record for the weight of the heaviest baby? (answer: 22 lb 8 oz)
- What was the world record for the weight of the smallest surviving baby ever born? (answer: 8.6 oz)
- What is the most common baby girls name of all time? (answer: Mary)
- What is the most common baby boys name of all time? (answer: James)
- What is the highest number of babies born to one woman? (answer: 69)
- What is the oldest recorded age of a mother giving birth? (answer: 74 years old)
- How far can a newborn baby see? (answer: only 8 to 12 inches away)
- What is the actual percentage of babies who are born on their due date? (answer: about 5%)
- When do babies start to cry real tears? (answer: between 1 and 3 months of age)
- Where is the fontanelle located? (answer: on the skull)
- What is the average age that babies start rolling over? (answer: around 4 months)
- What is the average age that babies start crawling? (answer: around 9 months)
- What is the most popular baby shower gift? (answer: diapers)
20 Baby Shower Trivia Game Questions About Mom
This would be a great game to find out fun facts about mom. You can make them interesting questions that only those very close to mom know, or you can make them basic questions that everyone would know. You may even learn some interesting facts about the mom-to-be.
- What is mom’s nickname?
- When is mom’s birthday?
- What color are Mom’s eyes?
- Has mom been emotional during the pregnancy?
- Is Mom right or left-handed?
- What has mom craved through out her pregnancy?
- What food made her want to puke?
- What is Mom’s favorite movie?
- What was Mom’s first car?
- What is Mom’s favorite book?
- When did mom meet Daddy for the first time?
- What is Mom’s favorite TV show?
- Who is Mom’s favorite singer or musician?
- How many siblings does Mom have?
- Is mom going to use cloth or disposable diapers?
- What was mom’s first job?
- What is mom’s favorite holiday?
- What is Mom’s worst habit?
- What does Mom love most about the baby?
- Who has been Mom’s best friend throughout pregnancy?
20 Interesting Questions About the New Parents
These are great for a co-ed shower where the focus isn’t only on mom, but on dad too! Get the answers for these questions from mom and dad prior to the start of the shower.
1. What are the full names of the expectant parents?
2. Where are each of the new parents from originally?
3. How did they meet / when did they get engaged?
4. Where did mom grow up?
5. Where did dad grow up?
6. Who as more excited about being pregnant?
7. Who is more prepared to be a parent?
8. What was the first thing the couple did when they found out they were expecting?
9. What has been the most surprising thing for them about being pregnant so far?
10. What is the color they picked for the baby’s room?
11. What was the first item they bought for the baby?
12. What baby names are the new parents considering?
13. What was moms first word when she was a baby?
14. What was dad’s first word when he was a baby?
15. How much did mom weigh when she was born?
16. How much did dad weigh when he was born?
17. Was mom born on her due date, or early, or late?
18. Was dad born on his due date, or early, or late?
19. Who is more likely to get up in the middle of the night with the baby?
20. Who will be more nervous when labor starts?
6 Personalized Baby Trivia Questions
- When did mom go into labor?
- What was the time of birth of the baby?
- What was the baby’s birth weight?
- How did mom and dad pick the babies name?
- What is the baby’s hair / eye color?
- Who is caring for the baby when the parents are away or at work?
Can you play a baby shower trivia questions game at a co-ed baby shower?
If course! Use the “new parents” edition or “baby edition” printable games above.
There are many couples who choose to have co-ed baby showers, to which both men and women are invited.
These types of parties often include a mix of both traditional baby shower games and more modern activities that appeal to both genders. Baby shower trivia questions games are a perfect co-ed baby shower activity.
What is the purpose of baby shower games such as trivia questions?
The purpose of baby shower trivia games is to provide a lighthearted and fun way for guests to interact with one another and get to know more about the upcoming parents-to-be. These games also help create excitement and anticipation around the arrival of the new baby.
Additionally, they can be great conversation starters and help break the ice among those who may not know each other well. Whether you are hosting a baby shower in person or virtually, trivia games can be a great way to add some fun and excitement to the event!
How to use these baby shower trivia questions
You can print out the baby shower trivia games we have provided (for free), or use these questions to create your own game – hand out pens and blank paper, then read them out and have everyone answer the questions, and then tally up who has the most correct points. (For questions about mom and dad, you’ll have to get the answers from mom and dad ahead of time).
The questions can also help to start fun discussions (you know, while you sit around and eat cake lol) about parenting and all things related to babies, allowing everyone to share their thoughts, experiences, and advice.
Whether you’re hosting a baby shower or just want to learn more about this exciting and challenging new phase of life, the questions in this quiz offer valuable insights into the development, health, and well-being of babies and young children.
Whether you’re a first-time parent or experienced at raising kids, there’s always something new to learn about the miracle of birth!
So dive in and test your knowledge with these baby shower trivia questions! Good luck!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
DIY Baby Shower Decorations to Make Yourself
Adorable Balloon Baby Shower Decorations
DIY Baby Shower Gift Ideas That Mom Will Treasure
The Best Last Minute Baby Shower Gift Ideas
25+ Baby Shower Finger Food Buffet Ideas