Jalapeno popper pinwheels are a great option for busy moms looking for a quick after school snack, or as a healthy appetizer at your next event. This quick snack is easy to prepare, delicious, and a unique option for those looking to try something new.
Description: Perfect for holiday appetizers, these delicious pinwheels are loaded with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon pieces, and jalapenos, wrapped in a flour tortilla.
Notes: You can prepare the filling the day before to save time. Just refrigerate in an airtight container.
Related: Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Celery
Related: Chorizo Chipotle Queso
Easy Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
Servings: 20-24 pieces, if not using the ends
Prep time: 20 minutes
Down time: 1 hour
Storage: Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to one day. They may become a bit soggy.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2.5 oz package bacon pieces
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Add cream cheese to a medium bowl, and mash with a fork.
- Add cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Chop the end of the jalapenos, slice in half, then remove the seeds.
- Chop jalapenos into chunks about the size of the bacon pieces.
- Add chopped jalapenos to the bowl, and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Spread ¼ of the mixture onto each of the tortillas.
- Start from one end, and roll each tortilla, until you get to the other end.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow them to set.
- Cut rolled tortillas into 1 inch pieces, discarding the ends (or snacking on them yourself!).
- Arrange on a plate or platter to serve.