These caprese skewers are fast and easy to prepare ahead of time, making them a great option as a quick after school snack for busy families or as a healthy option at your next event. These caprese appetizers are perfect for parties. Just 4 ingredients (mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic vinegar) make them simple to prepare.
Related: Loaded Mini Baked Potato Bites
Related: Healthy Seafood Pinwheels
- If you can find the bigger mozzarella balls, use one instead of two per skewer.
- You can prepare these ahead of time. Just drizzle the balsamic vinegar right before serving.
- Please check out bottom of the post (under the directions) if you’d like to see photos of the entire cooking process.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Storage: Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days.
Related: Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Celery
Related: Easy BLT Crostini Appetizer
You will need the following items to make this recipe:
- Large toothpicks
- 24 mozzarella pearls
- 6 large basil leaves, broken in half
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 12 large toothpicks
- Layer the ingredients onto a toothpick – mozzarella, basil (folded to fit), tomato, mozzarella.
- Arrange on a platter.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Step One: Layer the ingredients onto a toothpick – mozzarella, basil (folded to fit), tomato, mozzarella.
Step Two: Arrange on a platter.
Step Three: Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Related: Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
Related: Chorizo Chipotle Queso